PLAY: a means by which to develop physical, intellectual, emotional, social, and moral capacities.
At FitLab exercise is play. It’s any activity that…
- is self-chosen + self-directed
- the means are more valued than the ends
- has no rules other than those that emanate from the minds of our members
- is imaginative and mentally removed from the “serious life”
- involves an active, alert, but non-stressed frame of mind
- allows our members to discontinue at any time
Everyone is different and everyone wants to feel like they belong. Embracing this fact, we’ve intentionally designed our small group sessions to allow you to train and connect with others while still giving us the ability to address your individual needs.
Our sessions are created to give people the opportunity to move better, feel better, and play more often. Activities include various combinations, intentions, and intensities of pushing, pulling, squatting, lunging, hinging, rotating, inverting, and swinging.
Think of this as your foundation – the core of your training. Sessions are concentrated on movements and positions that are slower and develop better control.
Here we play with and adjust different forces and positions to challenge your mind and body’s current abilities with higher intensity. Movements include more advanced pulling, pushing, rotating, hinging, etc.
Time to explore greater possibilities in mind and body and flirt with thresholds. Movements may include jumping, leaping, tumbling, swinging, etc.